Monday, July 12, 2010

"Magical" Madiera Scalloped Hem Bonnet



Well I performed my MAGIC show at my local evening Neighborhood Group of American Sewing Guild (ASG) tonight demoing how to do this darling


MADIERA SCALLOPED HEM BONNET


with Silk Ribbon Roses


Next month ASG evening mtg, I am doing the demo on how to do the five spoke silk ribbon rose with 4 mm YLI silk ribbon that I purchase just up the road from http://www.piecemakers.com/ in Costa Mesa, CA. I learned how to do these spider 5 spoke roses off of Angela's Blog - Dandelion Avenue having seen this darling Easter Dress ensemble at http://dandelionavenue.blogspot.com/2010/03/sre-easter-dress-finished.html. This style of silk ribbon roses are Super easy and I make more professional looking ones, then I ever did my attempts at buillion roses!! The "MAGICAL" madiera scallop hem is a technique I learned from Dr. Martha Pullen. I watched, rewatched & rewatched her DVD and now I have it mastered. The trick is symetrical mirror design & MUST have YLI Wash Away Water Soluble Basting Thread. Madiera books, YLI Wash Away Water Soluble Basting thread & DVD are all available at http://store.marthapullen.com/.

Can hardly wait til Saturday when at the baby shower, my friend who becoming a first time Mom, opens this for her darling new little girl, due in Sep. I am sure she won't get duplicates of it. I am also crocheting a scalloped edge onto a pink star flannel blanket for her. I hope I get done in time!!!

If you need more info about our local monthly evening ASG group meetings, leave me a msg & I will send you details.

Happy Stitching,



Auntie Pam


Ephesians 2:10 "Each one should use whatever gift she has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms"

1 comment:

  1. Oh! You know I wish I could have been @ that meeting! And I want to go to the next one too!!
    hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete